Propers for Certain Occasions
Addendum: The Rite of Confirmation (See Note (1) below.)
Addendum: The Rite of Confirmation, with Rite of Visitation (See Notes (1) and (2) below.)
The Nuptial Mass (The wedding Mass) (See Note (3) below) (For printing, this document requires two sheets of 8½″ x 11″ paper, double-sided.)
Addendum: Commemoration of the Nuptial Mass (See Note (4) below)
Funeral Mass (Mass on the Day of Death or Burial – for a lay man or woman) (For printing, this document requires two sheets of 8½″ x 11″ paper, double-sided.)
Mass for the Dead on the Anniversary Day of the Death or Burial (See Note (5) below.)
Daily Mass for the Dead — For All the Faithful Departed (with Rite of Absolution) (See Note (5) below.)
Anthem, Prayers and Hymns (Septuagesima and Lent) (See Note (7) below.)
Anthem, Prayers and Hymns (Eastertide) (See Note (7) below.)
Mass on March 19, 2013 (the Day of the Coronation of Pope Francis I) (See Notes (5) and (6) below.)
Votive Mass for the Anniversary of the Coronation of Pope Benedict XVI (April 24) (See Note (6) below.)
(1) The Sacrament of Confirmation may be administered in conjunction with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass in the Extraordinary Form. When it is, the Sacrament is administered before Holy Mass begins.
(2) In some places, the Rite of Visitation may optionally precede the Rite of Confirmation. This document includes the Rite of Visitation, and in particular, those prayers that are offered when a diocesan Ordinary is visiting one of the parish churches in his diocese (Ordo ad visitandas Parochias).
(3) These Propers do not apply and should not be used when a wedding is to be celebrated with Holy Mass on the date of a first-class Feast (for example, on June 29, the Feast of Saints Peter and Paul; or on the Vigil of Pentecost). On the day of a first-class Feast, the Mass for that Feast is obligatory. The Scripture readings and proper prayers of the Mass will be those of the Feast (not the readings and prayers shown here), with the extra commemorations and prayers from the proper of the Nuptial Mass supplementing them. If Propers are needed for a wedding Mass to be offered on the day of a first-class Feast, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
(4) You will need this addendum if your wedding Mass is being offered on the day of a first-class Feast. The Propers for the Mass for that Feast are available on this page. To check whether your date is a first-class Feast, consult the ordo.
(5) This six-page document includes a cut half sheet as an insert. For printing, two sheets of 8½″ x 11″ paper, double-sided, are required. See the printing note near the top of the first sheet.
(6) These Propers are of historical interest only. Holy Mass with this particular combination of prayers will not be offered again in the future.
(7) These are not Propers for Mass. These are prayer and hymn texts which a parish Priest might find useful after low Masses on weekdays or Sundays.